We aren’t broken!
You are perfect just the way you are! That’s my philosophy and I’m sticking to it.
If I’m perfect already, why am I carrying extra weight?
If I’m perfect already, why can’t I find the relationship of my dreams?
If I’m perfect already why am I not flying up my career ladder?
I hear your obstinate objections. You say…
If I could just lose 10 kilo’s I’d be my perfect weight.
If I could just meet my soul mate I could have the perfect relationship.
If my boss would just recognise my abilities I could get that promotion.
We become unhappy with results in our lives and they become our focus, and as a result we often perceive ourselves as broken and in need of fixing. This is simply an example of your own (in some cases, someone else’s) judgement. It is simply a perception. Believing this about yourself from your perception or those that you allow others to impose on you, creates limiting beliefs about yourself.
Inside all of us we have the answers we need for our personal success and those that we don’t have are simply just not recognised or acquired yet. It’s pretty simple really.
So what do we do about it?
We start focusing on what we do want.
Results we are not happy with are great as they show us where we need to grow and develop ourselves. They indicate a belief system that does not support the success we want in a particular area of our lives. This is good news as recognising a limiting belief about yourself gives you a starting point with which to work.
Tips to help you overcome a limiting belief:
1. Find a suitable coach to guide you on your personal journey.
- 2. Be able to answer: “How will I know I am successful in that area”.
- 3. Visualise yourself already successful in that area – focus forward, not back.
- 4. Daily affirmations for positive change.
- 5. Find evidence to prove you are already successful in that area of your life.
- 6. Find a mentor who is already successful in the area of your life you wish to improve.
- 7. Enroll in studies that will aid you with any knowledge or skills gaps.
- 8. Adjust your attitude from ‘Can’t do’ to ‘Can do’.
- 9. Focus on abundance instead of lack and scarcity and take action that moves you forward towards your goals.
- 10. Be the change you want to see.
All the best Unleashing Your Potential!